|» Jobs||APMP Chapter Benefit #2Gain insights from experts in proposal management|
The most recent posts appear at the top of the page. Scroll down for additional opportunities!
Business Development Manager or Specialist (Needham, MA)
posted October 24, 2013
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. (LBG), a diverse group of engineers, architects, planners, scientists, and economists; consistently ranked by the Engineering News-Record among the top U.S. design firms; is seeking a business development manager or business development specialist to join our dynamic proposal development team. This individual will be a part of a cross-functional group of marketing professionals, and will oversee business development pursuits and lead capture management teams to help grow LBG's U.S. Operations.
This individual's primary duty will be to shepherd the proposal process from start to finish, working effectively with technical specialists in LBG's nationwide offices and lead the capture management strategy of various proposal efforts.
This position will be responsible for honing win themes/selling points, and ensuring schedules are met and final products are fully-compliant and of the utmost quality. Creativity is a must as we want our proposals to stand out from the competition!
This individual will be responsible for:
• Perform detailed analysis of RFQ/RFP documents and developing detailed compliance and responsibility matrices. Collaborate with
members of proposal team to develop strategy. Establish production schedule and developing a resource plan to ensure a timely response.
• Follow up with members of the proposal team on status of all proposal elements and expedite as required.
• Coordinate and lead color review meetings.
• Write non-technical portions of the proposal. Edit and organize all written technical materials supplied by support groups.
• Provide graphic/layout assistance.
• Coach the capture management team through shortlist and interview preparations.
• Maintain up-to-date resumes and project descriptions for use in project pursuits.
• Other marketing-related functions as necessary.
What we're looking for:
• 4-year relevant degree English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications
•5-10 years of related proposal development experience for the manager position; 2-4 years of experience for specialist position.
• Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual who excels in a rapid development environment.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented multi-tasker. Independent self-starter with effective people and negotiation skills.
• Superb writing and editing skills.
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) preferred.
• Transportation Engineering proposal experience preferred.
This link will take you directly to the job posting Careers at The Louis Berger Group, Inc.
In addition: please email resumes with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Capture and Proposal Management Opportunity
posted October 7, 2013
Gannett Fleming is a global planning, design, and construction management firm with more than 60 offices worldwide. Founded in 1915, we have fostered a culture of service and innovation with more than 2,100 diverse and talented professionals. Consistently ranked among the nation's most prestigious engineering firms, we provide multi-discipline engineering services, including civil, transportation, environmental, structural, and construction management. We are committed to amaze our clients by providing customized solutions that improve our communities and sustain the world – from award-winning roadways to vital environmental systems to patented technology.
We are seeking a Capture Planning and Proposal Operations Manager for our Corporate Headquarters to lead our high level business development efforts and 15-member team of proposal development specialists. The position represents an excellent opportunity for a talented professional with a passion for assuming new challenges. The successful candidate must have progressive marketing experience in Transportation, Facilities or Environmental practices; be a self-starter; and possess well developed interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills. Must be highly organized; detail oriented; and able to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals by navigating a changing and dynamic environment. Supervisory level experience is required.
In this capacity the Capture Planning and Proposal Operations Manager will be responsible for providing overall leadership of capture and proposal management activities. Specific responsibilities will involve but not be limited to making cogent and timely decisions related to pursuits/opportunities; resourcing the capture team; determining strategies, teaming/partnering, and solution alternatives; and coordinating with the customer relationship Business Development Managers to qualify new business opportunities.
• Lead the development and execution of winning strategies, including strategic win themes, marketing campaigns, customer analysis, competitive analysis, and solution gap analysis.
• Manage and coach capture and proposal team activities from pursuit decision stage through post-submittal stage working in partnership with the leadership teams and other stakeholders.
• Manage communications and relationships with partners and subcontractors, as well as coordinate customer communications and relationships with the firm's business developers.
• Support the implementation of best practices that are flexible and adaptable; establish region-appropriate systems and procedures to advance competitiveness and improve the probability of winning.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, English or related field.
• Must have 10 years minimum experience in A/E/C industry.
• Must have progressive experience within all aspects of marketing to include: business development, market research, market planning, business planning, business analysis, and competitive intelligence.
• Must have demonstrated ability to build consensus with key internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines including technical, operational and strategic functions.
• Highly proficient with MS office suite; knowledge of InDesign or related design programs also preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to accommodate weekend work; overnight travel required.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com, attention Masai Lawson, Manager, Talent Acquisition